Volunteers make all of our work possible!
Read below for our on-going volunteer needs.
Interested in getting a regular volunteer email?
Sign up for our volunteer mailing list!
Development: Assist with membership recruitment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Communications: Attend a BTLT event and act as the “reporter” – and then writing a press release/blog post for the Land Trust to use. We’re also always looking for volunteer photographers and writers for social media and blog content! Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
Flier Distribution: Pick up event fliers and other promotional materials and distribute them to a list of about 15-20 local sites. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
General Support: As needed tasks.
- BTLT Table- Talk to attendees about the Land Trust and our work. Familiarity with our mission and programs as well as good skills interacting with the public is a must.
- BTLT Table – Coordinate the SNAP and Maine Harvest Bucks program at the market; this includes helping get the word out, running the SNAP table, and working with other volunteers to coordinate the volunteer schedule.
- Development and coordination of an outreach campaign to increase hiking and biking to the Market.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
- Event Emissary: Attend a BTLT event and act as representative of the organization – take attendance, talk to attendees about BTLT, take notes, etc.
- Leads: Interested in taking the lead on annual events, such as stargazing or our spring birding walks? Let us know!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Annual Plant Sale: help dig donated plants, general planning and implementation help. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
Handy-Person: Our Farmers’ Market and garden are always in need of some extra help! Tasks may include fence, bench, gate and sign repairs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Common Good Garden at the Tom Settlemire Community Garden: Help with things like weeding, harvesting, mowing, and weed whipping. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
April – November: Variety of project-based help which may include…
- Trail clearing and construction
- Trail infrastructure maintenance: Bridge-building, crushed stone pathway construction, signage updates, blazing, etc.
- Invasive species management and removal
- Other projects on an as-needed basis
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.