Your local Land Trust has a wide array of ways that you can help out.
To get involved:
Regularly check our Volunteer Needs webpage;
Sign up to get our volunteer emails with the form to the right > > > >
Some of our current needs include:
These tasks are out ‘in the field’:
- **Digging and potting plants for our plant sale.This is a pressing need – our annual Taking Root Plant Sale is the biggest fundraiser of the season for our Community Garden. We need your help to make it a success! CLICK for details;
- Carpentry & painting for the Farmers’ Market, including repairing a latch, refurbishing rolling signs, and painting bike racks;
- Help with educational programs for children at the Community Garden, help plan programming and/or work in the Garden with kids;
- Occasional mowing at the Community Garden with a riding mower provided by the Land Trust.
These tasks support our planning and engagement:
- Help at the Land Trust booth during our Saturday Farmers’ Market;
- Assist in expanding and coordinating our program to increase use of EBT (food stamps) at our Farmers’ Market;
- Develop and coordinate programming to increase hike/bike to our Farmers’ Market;
- Writers to act as “reporters” at Land Trust events – create blogs and press releases;
- Regular IT help;
- Help with membership recruitment;
- Document transcription;
- Research relating to our strategic conservation plan;
- We are seeking a volunteer coordinator for comprehensive oversight of our dedicated volunteers.