To all the generous and helpful Tom Settlemire Community Garden volunteers and community members who made donations that contributed to the fantastic success of the Fifth Annual TAKING ROOT PLANT SALE: Thank you! Thank you, one and all.
We were once again so fortunate to have a spectacular community building Taking Root Plant Sale…..initial accounting reveals at least $6,000 raised in support of this “community gem” (as one volunteer stated) the Tom Settlemire Community Garden!
So many generous folks contributed to make this success:
- Bonnie Studdiford and Claudia Adams, co-chairs of the Taking Root Plant Sale Planning Team
- All the committee chairs and their crews
- Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program Staff
- Master Gardeners
- Plant donors/diggers/potters
- Flyer/poster/banner distributors
- Bake/book donors/volunteers
- White Elephant/ volunteers
- We Compost It!
- Set up/break down crews
- Label/sign makers
- The Masons,particularly Frank Hilton.
And of course our loyal customers who came and bought……
We hope this sincere Thank You reaches everyone who helped. We’ve already begun planning next year’s sale and as always hope to improve it based on our experience and folk’s observations and suggestions.
Stay tuned and we hope you will again help with next year’s sale.