Our conservation, stewardship, and community engagement work is possible only because members like you support us. This past year, your financial support enabled us to:
- conserve four additional properties, adding 73 acres of conserved land and over 4,000 feet of protected shoreline;
- harvest over 2,500 pounds of fresh, local produce from the Common Good Garden (CGG) at the Tom Settlemire Community Garden for donation to Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program;
- reroute trails at Bradley Pond Farm and open to the public our newly built trail system;
- maintain the Saturday Farmers’ Market at Crystal Spring Farm, voted the best in Maine in the American Farmland Trust’s 2022 America’s Farmers Market Celebration;
- offer educational programs in collaboration with the Cathance River Education Alliance about solar arrays and an on-going series about Merrymeeting Bay;
- provide community engagement opportunities, such as birding outings, outdoor yoga, our LGBTQIA+ Walk series, and guided stewardship walks of our properties;
- meet our Giving Tuesday goals of raising funds for materials that clients of Independence Association will transform into benches for BTLT properties and for BTLT to hire Enock Glidden to assess the accessibility of several BTLT trails;
- and make strides on both our DEI initiatives and our mission to provide avenues for all people to connect to nature.
Your support sustains our work and fuels our dreams. Our new five-year strategic plan plots our course through 2027 – a course we are bullish about thanks to the tremendous support and loyalty of members like you. If our 3,100 acres of conserved land and over 24 miles of public trails are among your go-to places when you need to commune with nature, get some exercise, meet up with friends, or just sit and breathe, we ask that you please renew your BTLT membership by December 31st.
You can click the RENEW TODAY button below or follow this link: https://www.btlt.org//
We are grateful for your support!