Here at BTLT we value every sort of which way to get around and enjoy the outdoors: walk, paddle, wheel-chair, ski, hike, run, or bike. And this month is National Bike Month! Did you know that National Bike Month has been around since 1956? “Whether you’re riding for fun, fitness or with family, or taking essential trips to work or shop, you are part of our movement for safer streets, connected communities, a healthier planet, and happier people.”
Here’s some ways you can celebrate this month:
- Bike to work during Bike to Work Week (May 16-22) – Work from home these days? Take a bike ride during your lunch break!
- Bike to the Farmers’ Market on Saturdays – there are two big bike racks near the parking lot!
- Looking for inspiration on where to ride your bike? Check out Bicycle Coalition of Maine! They’ve curated hundreds of routes, from easy and short to advanced, on and off-road, with points of interest including bike service locations, food stops, scenic views, parks, and more.
- Go for a mountain bike ride at Neptune Woods
- Share your biking adventures on social media with the hashtag #BikeThere
- Get trained and pumped for the Trek Across Maine event next month!