Looking forward to seeing you May 6th, 2023!
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2023 Market season. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to the mailing list for 2024.
Saturdays 8:30 – 12:30
May – October
at Crystal Spring Farm
Know Before You Go
- Please follow all CDC guidelines and stay home if you feel ill or have been around someone who is sick.
- The market area and parking lot open at 8:30 am – there is no public access before this time.
- Parking is limited – we encourage carpooling and biking whenever possible!
- Most but not all vendors accept credit cards. Cash is often preferred.
- No pets are allowed – only service dogs are allowed on the Market green.
- Market happens rain or shine
- Follow us on Facebook or Instagram for updates.
- Check out our list of vendors here!
After long and careful consideration, the Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust staff and Board decided to adopt a no dog policy at our Market. Our primary goal is to provide a safe and positive community space and it is with this in mind that we have found this policy necessary.
Only service dogs will be permitted on the Market green. Please do not leave your dog in your parked car. Please keep your canine friends at home when you visit the Market.
Thank you for your understanding.
From The Times Record:
“As I wander back and forth watching and buying, I feel a dynamism in this marketplace, which rises in its clustered tents early each Saturday, and then by mid-afternoon is a whistle clean space that promises return in a week. Yes, it deals in and with the basic fuel of life, but the voices, gestures and laughter point to sustenance equally vital. As Koopman pointed out, “We prefer local small scale vendors for whom the farmers’ market is their primary retail venue.” That preference emphasizes community and local enterprise, in short where and how we live best.”
About the Market
The Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust’s Farmers’ Market was established in 1999 to advance the Land Trust’s mission of supporting local agriculture. Located on Crystal Spring Farm, a 331-acre property owned by the Land Trust, the Market is now one of the largest in Maine. With over thirty vendors, many of whom have been with the Market since its inception, the Saturday morning Market offers an exceptional variety of local, fresh products including vegetables, fruits, seedlings, dairy, meat, seafood, cut flowers, mushrooms, baked goods, and artisanal and prepared foods.
The Market has been widely acclaimed not only for the exceptional array of products but also for the festive and community atmosphere. We often host live music, educational demonstrations, and a kids activity table. Rain or shine, our incredible vendors and loyal Market visitors show up every Saturday, building community around local agriculture and deepening our understanding of where our food comes from.
Everything we do – from offering a place for farmers to sell their produce, to protecting working land and public access on a beautiful farm like Crystal Spring – is made possible by members of the Land Trust. Consider joining as a member today!
We thank you for your ongoing support.
For the Kids!
Are you excited to bring your kiddos to the Market? Be sure to stop by the kid’s table at the BTLT Info Booth for some fun activities. This year we are excited to participate in the The Power of Produce (POP) Club! POP Club kids receive vouchers to spend at the market, allowing them to make their own shopping decisions. The POP Club allows children to engage with farmers at the Market and have the chance to try new fruits and veggies. We believe that a love for local food should start at a young age so we are excited to pilot this program starting in spring 2023.
Food Access Programs
Our Farmers’ Market accepts EBT (electronic benefits transfer) cards so more local residents are able to purchase items using their SNAP/food stamp benefits. BTLT is committed to making healthy food options available to local families and to help support community growers. Click here to learn more about food access programs at our Market.
Here’s how it works…
- Stretch your SNAP dollars and swipe your SNAP/EBT card at the BTLT Market info booth to get SNAP tokens to use directly with vendors, plus BONUS Maine Harvest Bucks vouchers for fruits, vegetables, and seedlings. Click here to learn more about Maine Harvest Bucks.
- Use your SNAP tokens for any food item, and Maine Harvest Bucks for fruits, veggies, and seedlings at vendor booths. WIC benefits can be used directly with fruit and vegetable vendors who have been authorized by the State of Maine. The following vendors accept WIC: Six River Farm, Spears Farm, and Whatley Farm. Click here to learn more about WIC.
The BTLT Farmers’ Market at Crystal Spring Farm accepts Bumper Crop vouchers for use with all vendors on any item at the Market.
Bumper Crop is a workplace wellness program made possible by the Maine Federation of Farmers Markets. Employers from businesses and organizations throughout Maine distribute the Bumper Crop Gift Vouchers to their employees for use at Farmers Markets across the state. If you would like to learn more or if you are an employer interested in participating in this program please click here.