- Crystal Spring Farm
- Cow Island
- Mill Forest
- Tarbox Preserve
- Woodard Cove
- Woodward Cove – Degen
If you are interested in requesting permission to hunt on Land Trust properties this year, please visit https://www.btlt.org//
Expanded bow archery season begins on September 10th and runs through December 10th, so next time you head out on the trails, remember to wear your blaze orange!
Below is some information for trail users to help ensure a safe visit to the few BTLT trails where bowhunting is allowed:
- Bowhunting only is currently allowed at Crystal Spring Farm, Tarbox Preserve, and Woodward Cove. Blaze orange vests can be found at the parking area kiosks for visitors to wear while on the trails and return after using.
- Hikers should wear blaze orange and exercise caution during hunting season (click here to find hunting season dates).
- Hunters who you encounter on trails will have their arrows in a quiver while traveling, making it impossible for an arrow to accidentally be fired.
- Please stay on marked trails and keep your dogs on leash – it is required on all BTLT trails all year long, and is especially important during hunting season to keep deer from being disturbed. There are fines if your dog is off leash and chases deer, so leash your dog or leave them at home during hunting season!
- Please note that hunting on Sundays is illegal in Maine.
- Bowhunters are not allowed to discharge an arrow within 75 feet of a trail and are made aware of the location of all trails on the property they are hunting.