January 20, 2022
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
***More details and registration coming soon!***
Does it make a difference where your food comes from and how it’s grown?
Learn about the creativity and commitment local producers are bringing to farming, and the imperative efforts to reduce food waste.
- Susanne Lee, Faculty Fellow, Mitchell Center for Sustainability Solutions
- Nick Whatley, Co-owner Whatley Farm, Topsham Development Inc Director
- ***Other speakers will be confirmed shortly!***
Some useful resources related to this topic:
- Agroforestry Podcast
- Each year, Maine’s K-12 schools waste about 7 million pounds of food, Portland Press Herald
LOCAL LOOK AT OUR CHANGING CLIMATE
CREA and BTLT are co-sponsoring a six-part weekly series on climate in January and February. The goal of this series is to inspire people to:
- Take action to slow and hopefully reverse climate change;
- Actively support efforts to address climate change at all levels (public, private, local, state, federal);
- Talk to friends, family, and others about climate solutions.
Please join us for all or some of this virtual series and learn how YOU can make a difference on this urgent issue. Start the new year off with resolve and action!
We welcome Tim Glidden as our Moderator for the entire series!
All events are free and will be hosted via zoom.