January 29, 2022
10:00 am - 11:00 pm
If you’ve made it to this event page that probably means two things..
1- you identify as queer.
and 2- you want to spend time outside with other queer folks.
If both of these things are true, fantastic! You’ve come to the right place.
Each month, Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust, in collaboration with Queers of Greater Portland, will be hosting a casual, outdoor meet-up at 10:00am on the last Saturday of the month from Jan-April.
No guided tour, no cost to register.
Just an open invitation for queer folks of all ages and backgrounds, to gather in a natural safe space, connect with one another, and spend time outside.
Simply register for which days you’d like to tag along, and show up!
January 29th – 10:00am – Chase Reserve
February 26th – 10:00am – Woodward Point
March 26th – 10:00am – Crystal Spring Farm
April 30th – 10:00am – Cathance River Nature Preserve
Some things to keep in mind:
- Bringing a dog? Please make sure they are leashed at all times and that you clean up after them.
- Bringing some kiddos? Please make sure they (and you!) are dressed for the winter weather and terrain.
- Bringing coffee or tea? Great idea. Nothing like socializing outdoors over a warm beverage! Some great local spots include Little Dog Coffee Shop, Wild Oats, Raven & Crow, Wicked Joe, and Wild Flours.
- Bringing a camera? Fantastic! Just make sure you have consent if taking photos of other people – and please tag @brunswicktopsham and @queersofgreaterportland on social media!
- Bringing gear? Great! Weather permitting, many of these trails are ideal for cross country skiing and/or snowshoeing!
- Hungry afterwards? Head to Flight Deck Brewery, Portland Pie, Gelato Fiasco, or any of the coffee shops listed above.
- In the event of inclement weather on a Saturday, the meet-up will be scheduled for the following Sunday.
Weekends not work for you? Guided, lead tours more your thing? Other comments? We want to hear from you! Please email email@example.com with any questions or feedback.