We hope to see you at Crystal Spring Farm on Saturday May 6th from 8:30am – 12:30 pm for opening day of the BTLT Farmers’ Market!
Did you know this is the 24th year of the Market??? With over thirty vendors, many of whom have been with the Market since its inception, our Market offers an exceptional variety of local, fresh products including vegetables, fruits, seedlings, dairy, meat, seafood, cut flowers, mushrooms, baked goods, and artisanal and prepared foods. Learn more about the 2023 vendors here!
We’re also so excited to have a new kid’s activity at the Market this year: The Power of Produce (POP) Club! POP Club kids receive vouchers to spend at the market, allowing them to make their own shopping decisions. The POP Club allows children to engage with farmers at the Market and have the chance to try new fruits and veggies. We believe that a love for local food should start at a young age so we are excited to pilot this program starting in spring 2023.
A few important reminders:
- The market area and parking lot open at 8:30 am – there is no public access before this time.
- Parking is limited – we encourage carpooling and biking whenever possible!
- Most but not all vendors accept credit cards. Cash is often preferred.
- No pets are allowed – only service dogs are allowed on the Market green.
- Market happens rain or shine!
- Our Farmers’ Market accepts EBT (electronic benefits transfer) cards so more local residents are able to purchase items using their SNAP/food stamp benefits. BTLT is committed to making healthy food options available to local families and to help support community growers. Click here to learn more about food access programs at our Market. Here’s how it works…
- Stretch your SNAP dollars and swipe your SNAP/EBT card at the BTLT Market info booth to get SNAP tokens to use directly with vendors, plus BONUS Maine Harvest Bucks vouchers for fruits, vegetables, and seedlings. Click here to learn more about Maine Harvest Bucks.
- Use your SNAP tokens for any food item, and Maine Harvest Bucks for fruits, veggies, and seedlings at vendor booths. WIC benefits can be used directly with fruit and vegetable vendors who have been authorized by the State of Maine. The following vendors accept WIC: Six River Farm, Spears Farm, and Whatley Farm. Click here to learn more about WIC.