Oct 9th Walk
October 9, 2022
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Nov 13th Walk
November 13, 2022
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
All properties, events, and programs managed by BTLT are of course open to everyone. However, as part of BTLT’s mission to connect people to nature by providing recreational opportunities, we acknowledge that the outdoors have historically not been a safe space for the Queer and LGBTQIA+ community. In close partnership with Queerly ME, this event series aims to provide intergenerational safe spaces for connection, community building, and outdoor exploration amongst the Queer and LGBTQIA+ community. The intention of this space is to acknowledge Queerness and create a safe space to exist as Queer – anyone who supports Queerness as allies or LGBTQIA+ is also welcome.
Each month, Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust, in collaboration with Queerly ME, will be hosting a casual, outdoor meet-up at 1:00pm on the second Sunday of the month from September-November.
No guided tour, no cost, no registration required.
Just an open invitation for Queer/LGBTQIA+ folks (and allies) of all ages and backgrounds, to gather in a natural safe space, connect with one another, and spend time outside!
September 11th – 1:00pm – Crystal Spring Farm (South)
October 9th – 1:00pm – Crystal Spring Farm (South)
November 13th – 1:00pm – Crystal Spring Farm (South)
Some things to keep in mind:
- Registration is not required, just show up & please carpool whenever possible!
- Bringing a dog? Please make sure they are leashed at all times and that you clean up after them.
- Bringing some kiddos? Please make sure they (and you!) are dressed for the weather and terrain.
- Bringing coffee or tea? Great idea. Nothing like socializing outdoors over a beverage! Some great local spots include Little Dog Coffee Shop, Wild Oats, Raven & Crow, and Wild Flours.
- Bringing a camera? Fantastic! Just make sure you have consent if taking photos of other people – and please tag @brunswicktopsham and @_queerlyme on social media!
- Hungry before or after the walk? Head to Flight Deck Brewery, Portland Pie, Gelato Fiasco, or any of the coffee shops listed above.
Queerly ME defines Queerness as “fluidity in one’s gender or sexuality outside of a more binary LGBT+ identity. A Queer person can identify as only Queer or choose to define themself as both Queer and other identities within the LGBTQ+ community.”
Venue: Crystal Spring Farm - South