Brunswick Climate Action Task Force Seeks Volunteers
The town of Brunswick is actively seeking volunteers for a Climate Action Task Force, helping the Town develop a Climate Action Plan (CAP)! Comprised of residents, community stakeholders, and industry leaders, this group will convene for one year to oversee the development of the CAP, a plan that will utilize information on town-wide greenhouse gas emissions and vulnerability to climate change to chart a meaningful, action-oriented strategy in Brunswick’s fight against climate change.
The Task Force will be composed of a diverse group of community stakeholders and industry leaders, with representation consisting of at least one member from each of the following sectors:
- Sustainability & Adaptation | Waste Reduction & Management, Recycling & Composting Climate & Environmental Sciences
- Transportation | Transportation (pedestrian, bike, motor, etc.), Carbon Footprint, Emissions, and Pollution
- Business | Economic Development, Business & Finance
- Planning & Development | Housing, Construction & Building Operations, Sustainable Infrastructure, Community Development & Town Planning
- Energy | Electricity, Renewable Energy
- Food Systems | Agriculture & Aquaculture
- Natural Resources | Marine Resources, Rivers & Coastal Waters
- Land Use & Conservation | Land Conservation, Environmental Health and Diversity
Curious to learn more? Check out the Climate Action Task Force Chargeand the Town website for more information.
The deadline to apply for a seat on the Task Force is April 10th, 2023 by 4:30pm.
Applications may be filled out online as well as in person in the Town Clerk’s Office. Please direct all related questions to either:
Ashley Charleson, Brunswick’s Environmental Planner | 207-725-6659 | Acharleson@brunswickme.org
James Ecker, Chair of Brunswick’s Recycling and Sustainability Committee | 207-417-5216 |firstname.lastname@example.org.