The Land Trust was excited to open the Androscoggin Woods property in Topsham to the public late this fall and have enjoyed hearing stories of how many people have enjoyed visiting it since it’s opening.
Unique not only for the phenomenal views of the Androscoggin River that the River Loop provides, this property also has a steeply sloping driveway off of Route 196. With recent winter weather and due to safety concerns of ice and snow creating unsafe driving conditions during the winter season, we will be closing Androscoggin Woods until the spring. Parking is prohibited along the side of Route 196, where traffic is fast moving and it unsafe to do so. We will be exploring options for future winter use moving forward but during this winter season our top priority is safety.
We encourage you to visit the following BTLT properties this winter while Androscoggin Woods is closed:
- Crystal Spring Farm – Plowed parking
- Woodward Point – Plowed parking
- Neptune Woods – Plowed parking
- Woodward Cove – Plowed parking
- Chase Reserve – Plowed parking
- Maquoit Bay Conservation Lands – Plowed parking
- Cathance River Nature Preserve – Plowed at Ecology Center parking area
- Town Landing Trail / Smart property – Foot traffic only