There are many diverse ways volunteers make all of our work possible. Read below for some of our currents needs. Interested in helping out? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated April 21, 2017
- Flier Distribution: We have a regular need for someone to pick up event fliers and other promotional materials and distribute them to a list of about 15-20 local sites.
- Events – digital support: All our events are listed on the local community calendars. This requires filling out several online forms for each event. We are looking for someone who can do this entry monthly, or twice a month. After each event we have a hand written list of people who wish to receive our e-news or get involved in some other way. We need someone to type up this list also ~ once/month. This task could be done from home once we have trained you.
- General Support: Filing, researching in old newsletters, cutting and collating, etc. We would love someone who came in regularly for 1-2 hours to help with as needed tasks.
- Annual Plant Sale fundraiser for Tom Settlemire Community Garden needs donations of plants, volunteers to help dig donated plants, and general planning and implementation help.
- Farmers Market requires weekly volunteers to talk to market attendees about the Land Trust and our work. Familiarity with our mission and programs as well as good skills interacting with the public is a must.
- Common Good Garden at the Tom Settlemire Community Garden: There is always a need at the Garden for volunteers to help with things like weeding, harvesting, mowing, and weed whipping. Contact email@example.com if you are interested.
- Events: We are looking for volunteers that are interested in taking the lead on annual events, such as stargazing or our spring birdwalks.
- Trailhead Kiosks: We need people to regularly bring event fliers and other materials (such as maps) to our trailhead kiosks. Choose one or all!
- Trail Blazing: If you enjoy being in the woods, are detail oriented, and don’t mind getting a little paint on your hands we have a job for you! Many of our trails need the blazes re-painted. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Moving boards, installing signs: For those of you with strong backs and an lots of enthusiasm, our stewardship team always has a place for you! Contact email@example.com if you are interested.