The southern Midcoast Maine region offers fantastic local hiking opportunities, beaches, and beautiful scenery on the many trails managed by local towns and land trusts. Walking through the woods, bird watching, and enjoying the scenic beauty of this area can be very rewarding.
Even more exciting is the Summer Trail Challenge presented in partnership with Harpswell Heritage Land Trust and Kennebec Estuary Land Trust (KELT). This summer, you can explore new trails, enjoy the great outdoors, and enter to win prizes! This challenge is free and open to all ages.
How the Challenge Works
- Download the 2017 Summer Trail Challenge Card, or pick one up at a participating land trusts, our Farmers’ Market at Crystal Spring Farm, or at the Recreation Departments in Brunswick, Topsham, Harpswell, and Bath.
- When you hike a trail or visit a property listed on the bingo card, mark the date in the designated square. Visit www.midcoasttrailchallenge.org for a list of all the trails included in the challenge and the official rules.
- For each trail you complete on the card, you will receive one entry in a raffle drawing for a prize. If you complete the entire card, you will be entered for the grand prize. The more places you visit, the more chances you get to win.
- Return your card to KELT by September 4, 2017 to be entered for a prize. You can mail or drop off your card at 92 Front St, Bath, ME 04530 (make sure to include your contact information on the back of the card).
- Ten entrants will be randomly selected to win a prize. Entrants who submit fully completed activity cards will be entered for the grand prize drawing.
Prizes include (but are not limited to):
- LL Bean gift cards
- Bicycle Helmet
- Passes to the Pineland Outdoor Center